Welcome to The Binary Journal, a tech focused blog covering news, privacy issues, social rights, and tutorials. We hope to earn your visit, and teach you something new.
- Why 5G isn’t worth a device upgrade (yet)by Binary Writer5G, the technology of the future.. or so we have been promised. Sadly that future is not upon us yet. Both T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless advertise lower latency, higher reliability, and faster speeds when using 5G over the previous generation LTE. Yet, some users of 5G see little improvement over the previous generation… What gives?… Read more: Why 5G isn’t worth a device upgrade (yet)
- How to secure your WordPress blog with Cloudflare ®by Binary WriterThe internet is a beautiful place but is often compared to the American wild-west, not without good reason. The internet allows nearly everyone and everything to connect to each other. The problem is that includes all things good and bad. It is no secret that every service and website is under constant scanning for flaws… Read more: How to secure your WordPress blog with Cloudflare ®
- How DNS works, the recursive processby Binary WriterAs more companies and products become dependent on internet connections, it is ever important to ensure secure and private communications. Thermostats, lights, security systems, door locks, window shades, entertainment, cameras, doorbells, outlets and smoke detectors are a few of the many devices available to connect to the internet. With more devices relying on external servers… Read more: How DNS works, the recursive process
- Why are people ditching WhatsApp?by Binary WriterYou may have heard of a sudden outcry from WhatsApp users, and a sudden upsurge of leaving the platform. Whats the big deal? Here we discuss the controversial change which is causing millions to leave. What is WhatsApp? WhatsApp is a instant messaging app that was released in 2009. It utilizes the Signal Protocol for… Read more: Why are people ditching WhatsApp?
- Why you should start using Signalby Binary WriterIn the age of constant contact, posting, uploading, and sharing, you might not think twice about what you use to directly message friends and family. A lot of us are inclined to stick with what’s already available. However, new trends in the world indicate that sticking with what you have may not be the best… Read more: Why you should start using Signal